Monday 29 July 2013

Disney Dreams

19 November 2012

Last week my mum fulfilled a dream and took my sister, myself and our families to DisneyLand Paris. I wasn’t sure it was going to be worth the hassle and cost, but we went… for the sake of mum and the children you understand! I didn’t expect to be blown away myself and spend the following couple of days missing a place I’d only visited for 3 days! The sheer number of amazing experiences, the parades and shows, the excitement of the rides, the looks on the children’s faces, the quality and attention to detail in everything, seeing my mum snatch a hug with Goofy, meeting all the Disney stars, and mostly the wonderful intense enjoyment of irreplaceable family time. As the week progressed I reflected on the impact this had on me and focused my attention to an immeasurably more glorious place. If DisneyLand is so enchanting, then how much more captivated ought we to be with the Kingdom that we are receiving? The best thing about it is that HE is there and through faith in Christ, we can be too – forever. I am so thankful to God for such a wonderful holiday, but it really was nothing compared to what He has given us in His eternal Kingdom.

“…giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light.” (Col 1:12)

No comments:

Post a Comment