Monday 29 July 2013

'Pray As You Go’ By Joel Pridmore

Sunday 28 April 2013




Am I the only one who feels somewhat incomplete when I don’t have my mobile phone in my pocket?
How did we get to that stage? I remember having to go up the road to the phone box to even make a call on the landline!!!

I may be around 3500 miles away from your meeting this morning, but the incredible thing is that if we wanted to, we could have a live video-link and talk as if we were in the same room!

Cathryn often a sings children’s song around our house that she learned in Uganda with the words ‘Telephone to Jesus, telephone to Jesus everyday, telephone to Jesus every day. Hello!’ – If you ask her she will gladly sing it to you this morning ;-)

The song is a bit of fun, but the incredible fact is that our communication to the Lord is even more accessible and instant than any technology will ever achieve! He is ready and waiting for us at any time, and promises to always be there when we call on His name. Our mobile phone Apps may offer us all we could ever want, when we want it, but Jesus is in reality all we need. In fact He describes us as branches that are intrinsically connected to Him as the vine (John 4). He even says that apart from Him we can do no good thing.

I am challenged to ensure that I make a priority of my time with God, when I can spend so much time talking, texting and emailing on gadgets that are supposedly meant to save me time.

I think the gadgets are fantastic, but we must keep our priorities right.

No comments:

Post a Comment